American Locator strives to provide education and information to make work crew and public safety our joint mission and number one priority. American Locator, as part of Planet Underground, sees the excavator’s voice and insight as key to significant change and much more to be done after calling 811.
New! In Volume 33-4, our September issue, read directly from the Planet Underground Position Paper, a plan for legislative action derived from conversations by top utility construction professionals at The Roundtable 2018. This important document, taking conversations to consensus on damage prevention points of action, was mailed to US Senators in states affected by recent utility strike damages with fatal consequences. We also present a host of articles with educational insights for locators everywhere.
READ MORE ON:
– The Roundtable Live! excavation safety outdoor live job site event held at Planet Underground this August 2019. View photos from around the campus showing the vast array of job site techniques demonstrated by contractors, locators, engineers and others in the installation of live utilities.
– A one on one interview with excavator Greg Preisch, as he tells a heart warming story of second chances to make a career in construction.
– Portable GPR technology helping concrete scanners improve efficiency and portability
– PUTV goes on the road with Pipe View America inspecting sewers near Chicago highways
– Sweeping for Safety
– Improving GPR Survey Values with Pre-Fieldwork Planning
– A bit of infrastructure history