American Locator strives to provide education and information to make work crew and public safety our joint mission and number one priority. American Locator, as part of Planet Underground Media, sees the excavator’s voice and insight as key to significant change for the better. There is much more to be done after calling 811.
New! In the current issue of American Locator, Volume 33-6, read our annual review of utility related damages across the nation in 2019. As we reported in our previous issue, the Common Ground Alliance’s most recent DIRT Report showed an all-time high in the number of estimated damages for 2018: 509,000. This was a 16% increase over 2017, and the general trend shows no signs of stopping soon. Read responses to the trend, both critical and positive, through proactive safety measures by company leaders.
MORE FEATURED TOPICS:
– Electric Conduit Construction averts a sinkhole catastrophe with quick thinking and action.
– Verifying locator accuracy when neighboring infrastructure confuses the target
– Is the 811 system enough to prevent damages?
– PUTV goes on the road with Nicor Gas for a first hand look at a pipeline restoration project in Kankakee IL.
– GPR Experiences, case studies in imaging void spaces while locating underground assets.
– One woman in the industry shares her unique story in locating, excavation and life.